To provide Quality Education to the under-privileged rural students both boys and girls who wish to continue their higher education without travelling for miles. As Mahatma Gandhi Said, “Villages are the backbone of our country”. We Shine Educational and social Welfare Trust, strongly believe his words. Hence, decided to uplift the economically lower level into upper middle class by providing quality education with well-equipped infrastructure
- To promote educational standards of the rural students.
- To develop their skills including self-respect and self-reliance
Shine Educational and Social Welfare Trust, Aalathur, Manapparai was formed by the like-minded people. The Trust consists of 56 members. They have philanthropic outlook with noble and progressive idea. Manapparai and its surrounding has been a region of under privileged for a quite long time. The Trust found a solution for this and decided to start an Arts and Science college. To fulfill the long-felt need for higher education for students in the area, the Trust approached the government of Tamilnadu with a request to start an Arts and Science college at Aalathur in order to impart education to for all rural people under the guidance of Rotarian Dr. R. Hariharan, Lion. Surya V. Subramaniyan, JCI.HGF.S. Deivandran, S. Prabhu Rotarian Dr. Karu. Rajagopalan, Dr. M. Ramanan, Dr. S. Sankararaj and other Trust members. At present college runs under the Chairmanship of Sri. P. Abdul Majeed, Secretary Sri. S. Manickam, Treasurer Sri. CA.M. Balasubramanian and other Trustees.
The Trust has 56 Trustees belonging to different religion, caste, profession, Doctor, Lawyer, Auditors, Teachers, Industrialist, Scientist, Astrologer, the rich and middle class. Despite the Diversity, they are all united and their ONLY AIM is to make this college an Excellent Institution providing quality education to the needy neighboring Rural Youth.
Our college has been started with job oriented, socially relevant and innovative courses to equip the personality of the students and develop their skills for meaningful employment to improve their life status. Now our college is offering 8 Under Graduate Courses as English, Mathematics, Computer Applications, Computer Science, Commerce, Commerce with Computer Applications and Business Administration with additional sections granted for B.A (English) and B.Com. Our college is also offering two Post Graduate courses as MA (English) and M.Com from the academic year 2016-2017. The College has a total strength of 850 students including 512 women students and 338 Boys. We are very glad to inform you that among the girls, 50 are married and some have children. This shows the confidence of parents above our college. It has a dedicated team of 40 teaching and 9 non-teaching staff members.
Our goals are:
- To impart skills to the levels of excellence
- To enable the students to bring credit to our country
- To build discipline and integrity among the students.
- To make students become a proud citizen of our country.
- To motivate the student to attain powerful personality
- Well ventilated and spacious class rooms
- Well-equipped and updated laboratories
- Modernized library with more books under many titles and journals
- Experienced Faculty Members
- Consecutive records in university/examinations
- Toppers are awarded
- Club activities for all majors
- Industrial visit for commerce and Business Administration students
- Educational tour
- Providing equal importance to extra-curricular and co-curricular activities.
- Negotiation with MRK Groups of Institutions related to the training programmes and placement in Najing People’s Republic of China (IT Industry)
- Campus Interview
- Transport Facility